5 Proven Tips to Turn Your Plans Into Reality
Surely, you have big plans for your future. However, a plan is just a dream without action to get the ball rolling towards your desired result. It’s time to put your fears and indecisiveness aside and pursue the reality that you know you deserve!
Try these proven tips to help you achieve your dreams:
- Know what you want. Decisiveness leads to success. If you’re fickle about how you see your life in 5 years, or even just 6 months from now, you’ll keep spinning your wheels. Pick the road that is best for you and stick to it!
• Ensure that your goal directly affects and benefits you. Let others worry about what’s best for them. For example, if you want your son to get into Penn State because that’s your alma mater, he’s the one that has to make that call. You’re in charge of your own life, and only the decisions that affect you.
- Be practical. You’re unlikely to lose 10 pounds in five days, and it’s silly to want to teach yoga before you’ve never even taken a class yourself. Ensure that your plans are practical as a whole and that you allot a reasonable timeframe to their attainment.
- Get started. The first step is by far the most important step in order to enact your plans. Making the initial move will inspire you to follow through with the necessary steps thereafter.
• Often, the first step is the simplest step. For example, if you’re determined to impress your mother-in-law with a juicy turkey this thanksgiving, research turkey-cooking techniques online. If you want to tone up your abdomen, enroll in a belly dancing class.
- Take it step-by-step. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. If you want quality, lasting results, break your process down into small, measurable results that you can surely attain.
• It’s easier to cut fast food out of your diet than it is to cut every bad food from your life altogether. It’s also easier to jump into the pool before you try to swim a race. Baby steps are vital to your success and self esteem.
- Acquire some training. If you’re attempting to carry out a complicated plan that you lack experience in doing, it’s a smart idea to get training in the field.
• You’ll greatly benefit from downloading an eBook or attending a local class that teaches you how to properly execute your plan. The investment is often free or inexpensive, but the additional information could make the difference between failure and joyous success.
Many plans that we create in our minds remain only a dream. The culprit of this dooming behavior is often complacency, fear of failure, or sheer laziness. But know this: if you truly want something, you stand to gain a lifetime of happiness by chasing it.
If you fail, you can always try again. Being able to say that you’ve given an honest attempt is an honor in itself. You only have one life to live; with decisive action and persistence, you can overcome every obstacle in your way to achieve the reality you desire!
“Own every hour”